A Peek Into Our Preschool Day
The typical preschool day revolves around the philosophy that play is the child’s work! We provide a stable, safe and comfortable environment where students follow daily routines. However, an important aspect of daily planning is a commitment to flexibility and spontaneity in order to respond to the needs and opportunities within the group!
In general, a typical day includes the following components:
- Gathering Activities - These activities are planned by the teachers to provide creative opportunities to explore the materials of our classrooms, such as play dough, tabletop construction, manipulatives, art materials, puzzles and folder games. Often this is also the time for small group introduction to a learning skill such as Letter of the Week.
- Circle Time - This important part of the day features greetings, prayer, story-time, theme exploration, learning concepts, songs and finger plays.
- Centers - The teacher organizes several choices to maximize the child’s exposure to thematic exploration, dramatic play, science topics, social interaction and teacher-directed and small group projects.
- Large Muscle Activity - Whether indoors or outside on our dedicated preschool playground, the children have the opportunity for active and social play.
- Sharing Circle - This is a second circle time that focuses on the faith lesson, community sharing, such as Show and Tell and birthday readers. The Sharing Circle also provides time for a general wrap-up of the day.
- Snack Time - Parents rotate the responsibility of bringing a snack and beverage to share with the class. This is an important time, not only for a snack, but also to work on manners and good social skills.
Daily Schedule by Program
Click below for our daily schedules, which are flexible to fit the needs
and interests of children, weather and program opportunities,
as well as all of our enrichment opportunities such as Music, Band,
PE, Spanish, Art, Library and Good Shepherd.
Our Daily Schedule for Terrific Threes, Fabulous Fours and Thrive Time