St. Josephs’ students have meaningful opportunities for individual, group, grade-level and communal prayer experiences including:
- Weekly Liturgy
- Stations of the Cross
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Advent and Lenten Prayer Services
- Communal Reconciliation
- Mealtime Prayer
- All-school Morning and Afternoon Prayer
Each year students are introduced to and master a set of Catholic prayers and beliefs. These prayers are recorded in each child's own Prayer Recod Book. Eighth graders receive their personal paryer book at Confirmation / Graduation.
Students participate in annual, grade-level retreats.
Retreat themes have included:
||Eucharist and the Rosary
||Mary Our Mother
||Friendship Building / Bullying Prevention
Understanding and responding to the Church’s social justice teachings is an important part of each student’s spiritual development.
An awareness of the needs of others is emphasized through service projects such as:
- Collections for Local Food Shelves
- Penny harvest for Women’s Shelters
- Nursing Home Visits
- Coin Collections for Guatemalan Water Purification System
- Pumpkins and May Baskets to Parish Shut-ins
- Layette Collection for Life Care Center
- Letter Writing to Parish Newborns / Elderly